Monday, April 9, 2012

The Thunder Storm

The sweet smell of dirt and worms. How the thunder makes its own beat to the symphony of shhhhhhhing. The lightning adds a spotlight to the wonderful orchestra. Some people think thunderstorms are so evil and horrid, but they don't really know the beauty it creates. As I sit in my bed, writing, I am slowly drifting off to sleep and have the thunderstorm sing me into a deep sleep. It swarms into my bedroom window looking for a way inside, looking for something to share its wonderfulness with. 

2 comments:

  1. My favorite part of this post: "It swarms into my bedroom window looking for a way inside..." Love the image of the lightning trying to get in, and the word "swarm" is awesome because I don't think I've ever seen lightning described like that, but it makes sense!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom used to be my writing teacher when I was in elementary school, and she shared your blog with me. I live far away now (in South Africa), and reading this poem makes me homesick for Michigan! My family used to sit on the screen porch together to watch thunderstorms, and you have captured the smell and sound perfectly. You are a beautiful writer - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete