Monday, March 19, 2012

Memory Writing #1

Memories are priceless. This is one of mine.

Bruce Springsteen playing, blasting through out the house. So loud you could feel the music vibrating through your chest.
The smell of laundry detergent in the living room as my mother dances around the room, singing, while folding clothes. The warm spring sunshine comes through the big window on the front of our house, the door open, letting the cool breeze in with the scent of flowers, dry rain, and sunshine, mixing with the smell of laundry detergent.

This is one of my happiest memories, and one of my favorites. I don't know why, it just is.

1 comment:

  1. I can hear, feel, and smell your memory too! Wonderful. It is a very happy memory. Do you remember the ride in your mom's car home from Greenfield Village? When you and your sister's belted out some Van Morrison for me? That's one of my favorites!

    I also liked "dry rain"--interesting description.

    ReplyDelete